Grad 2021 Fundraising
Hello Byng families!
Every year, the Byng Parent Grad Committee undertakes to raise a significant amount of funding to support events and festivities to ensure a memorable Grade 12 graduation. While you might not have a child in Grade 12 we encourage you to support their efforts where you are able.
PURDY'S CHOCOLATE SALE - A very big THANK-YOU to everyone for ordering Purdys Chocolates for the holidays. Pick-up will be Sunday, December 13th. An email with more information will be sent out closer to the time.
GRAD FUNDRAISING APPEAL
As we enter the second wave of this global pandemic the parent grad committee acknowledges that this year festivities may not look the same as they have in the past or will likely look in the future. The class of 2021 will almost certainly have the most unusual grade 12 year in memory.
In typical years the grad dinner and dance is a ticketed event held at a downtown hotel, with ticket sales for the event covering a significant amount of the costs. This year we will need to do things a little differently.
A dedicated group of parents have already joined together to come up with creative solutions to help celebrate our student’s time at Lord Byng and allow for safe gathering while keeping some time-honoured and much loved traditions alive – but to do this we need your help.
We have set an ambitious goal to raise $50,000 to ensure all 271 members of the class of 2021 have a safe and memorable graduation. Please consider donating to honour your graduate and the entire Lord Byng Secondary class of 2021.
Making a gift online is a simple and easy way to contribute. For your convenience, donations can be made through School Cash Online. The attached 2021 Online Donation Guide outlines the process. Tax receipts will be issued automatically for all donations over $20.
We know that together we can make this year special for all 2021 graduates of Lord Byng Secondary.
The 2021 Grad Parent Committee
2021 Online Grad Donation Guide
To donate online, follow these simple steps:
2. Choose from a list of donation amounts or enter your own specific amount.
3. Choose “Fund Destination.”
4. Select S-LORD BYNG from the drop-down menu.
5. To ensure your donation is applied to your student’s event, fill in the “Message” field under the section “Message to School Board” with: Grad Donation 2021
6. Click “Add to Cart”.
7. Review the information and click “Continue” if everything is correct.
8. You will be prompted to sign in. (If you don’t have a School Cash Online account, then click on “Click here to register now” and follow the steps to complete the registration process.)
9. Once you have logged in, you can complete your payment using your credit card or e-cheque.
10. After the payment has been processed, a tax receipt will appear on screen for printing. You will also receive an emailed copy.
If you have any questions, or if you would like to make a donation using a cheque please contact Erin Bartlett - firstname.lastname@example.org